Monday, June 21, 2010

Week in Review: 6/13-6/19

As you may have heard a plague decended on our house this past week, so I'm not really doing much of a Week in Review.  I'm just going to do a few highlights. I'm even clumping one whole network together. (Sorry USA!)

LIE TO ME: Overall, I thought this was a better episode, and it explained a little more about the characters. HOWEVER, the whole plot was based on the fact that some Irish mobster's wife and kid were killed, but HE DID IT! What did he think was going to happen when they get out of the cab to his right, and then when the cabbie turns around a points a gun at him to kill him, he shoves the gun to the right and then fires it off twice??? DUDE! How dumb are you? You are obviously used to having guns in your face, so the shock of it shouldn't be the excuse. That almost ruined the episode for me, but other than that, it was good. I'm nervous because this week Melissa George is the guest star, and I never like her. Ever.

RUBICON: This was just a preview of the pilot. The show starts in August on AMC and stars James Badge Dale (Leckie from The Pacific). It's a conspiracy thriller, and started off well. I'm definitely intrigued enough to watch it again when it starts. Check to see if the preview of the pilot airs again, if not, I will tell you when it starts in August. It could get a little too heavy, but so far, I like it.

TOP CHEF:  Hurray!!!! My Tom Collicho is back and he brough Eric Ripert with him! This season is set in DC, a city (district?) that is quickly making a name for itself in the culinary world. The two to beat so far: Kenny and Angelo. I'm rooting for Kenny, of the two, because Angelo seems like a douche. More on this one we get to know the cheftestants a little better. But glad that one guy was told to pack his knives and go - I couldn't look at him much longer!!

USA PROGRAMMING: No, I'm not talking about the World Cup (We were robbed!!! I want to find that official!!) I'm talking about In Plain Sight, Royal Pains, and Burn Notice. USA Network uses the slogan "Characters Welcome" and they prove it with their original programming. Each week these shows are a lot of fun, have a lot of heart and always bring the best for each character. I'm excited to spend my summer with them. (That sounds either dirty or pathetic.)

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE: Before I get to the results (boooo) I want to talk about the guest performance. No not Usher. Not Justin Beiber either. I'm talking about Keith Roberts and Karine Plantadit - the two performers from Broadway's Come Fly Away. I saw them perform this number (That's Life) earlier in the week at the Tony's. I so wanted to show it to my favorite dance lovers, but because of copyright infringement it was taking off of all the sites. I was SO happy they performed it on here. Twyla Tharp's insane choreography (what if he doesn't get the jacket on?!?!) combined with Keith and Karine's flawless dancing made this one of my favorite performances I've ever seen. I'm so glad it was put on here where non Broadway freaks like me would have had the chance to see it.  Anyway, back to the results. It is crap that Alexie got the boot. It is ridiculous that Lauren wasn't in the bottom 3. And it is going to be a short ride for the girls! GO BOYS!

FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS: I really have nothing more to say to you people about this show. It is beyond amazing. So real. I cry every week. Watch it. Netflix it. Whatever. Just do it. (That's not a copyright infringement on Nike is it?)

Sorry this is a shorter review this week. It's going to be an off few weeks with all the drama going on. But that's a story for my other blog. Just not today.

Comment me!

1 comment:

Erin misses B & B said...

I am not fam with Melissa George, I will go look her up... I agree about the SYTYCD results, I think Melinda should have gone, but I guess it is really about the men- so see ya ladies. My kids loved Usher's piece, they loved it on AI too- they dance along and ask to see it again.